Worship in Pink
“Just wanted to report that our Worship in Pink service at Hunton Baptist Church really packed the pews. It was wonderful to look out over the sea of pink shades that everyone wore. We served pink donuts and coffee prior to the service and passed out the packets and other educational leaflets. It was a stirring service and everyone is already talking about next year’s event. We definitely will be building on this event.”
From Phyllis at Hunton Baptist Church, Henrico, VA
The Central Virginia Affiliate of Susan G. Komen invites you to join us in our promise to end breast cancer forever by participating in Worship in Pink. Worship in Pink is a grassroots partnership with Central Virginia churches, synagogues, and mosques to open the lines of communication about breast health, promote breast cancer education, and celebrate the lives of those who have fought against breast cancer. As an active member of your congregation, YOU are in a wonderful place to help other women and men.
The vision of Worship in Pink is for each religious organization to coordinate its own breast cancer awareness campaign. The Komen Central Virginia Affiliate will provide you with ideas for your program, a suggested script for services, a sample bulletin announcement, and educational materials. The following are a few suggestions to help celebrate and commemorate this exciting day.
- Invite breast cancer survivors to speak to the congregation
- Invite a health professional to deliver the message about the importance of mammograms and early detection
- Hold a moment of silence or prayer in honor of those who have been affected by breast cancer
- Have a message from the preacher about the importance of breast health
- Set up an education booth
- Create a bulletin board with breast health information
- Serve pink lemonade and pink cake at a reception before or after services
- Hand out pink flowers in honor of survivors and white flowers in memory of those who have died
- Ask members to wear pink or pink ribbons
To learn more about Worship in Pink, please Worship in Pink Toolkit.
To register your organization and request educational materials, please click here.
If you have any questions, please contact the Central Virginia Affiliate office at email@example.com or (804) 320-1772. Please register at least 3 weeks prior to your event and make arrangements to pick up your education packets.
We hope that you will participate in Worship in Pink and help us create a world without breast cancer.